Thursday 12 July 2007

Beading Heaven

I have done very little beading in my life - mostly using them as embellishments on cards or scrapbook pages - so when I made a necklace for my Gran's Christmas present last year I was pleasantly surprised to find that I really enjoyed the process and that everyone else wanted one too! Today I finally got the chance to go to the bead shop on Ecclesall Road in Sheffield and spent a very happy hour chosing enough beads to make necklaces for every other (female) member of my family. I then spent the rest of the afternoon sat on the floor of our sitting room making this necklace for my Mother while Alex was playing in his baby gym beside me and Tim was asleep upstairs in bed. I am really pleased with how this necklace has turned out and am looking forward to making the others in the fullness of time. My next challenge is to find a box to put the necklace in for wrapping it.
I also received a lovely surprise today in the form of an ATC from Barbara Williams from the CM&PC forum. This is in exchange for one of my flowersoft ones and is entitled 'Moonchild'. She is such an efficient crafter and swapper...I only sent out her ATC yesterday! I love this ATC and it goes very well with my growing collection of fantasy ATCs. More soon.

Love,
Caro
x

1 comment:

Tassy said...

I love that necklace, I am sure your mum would love it too!