Saturday 7 July 2007

A new toy!

We went out as a family to the local school funday. It was great as we managed to buy loads of toys and books for Alex for £10 as well as some excellent cakes for us. There was a fabulous bird of prey display but sadly our camera died and the photos we took were lost. It was an unusual display as they had a Golden Eagle, a white tailed fish eagle and a white headed African vulture flying around. It has to have been one of the best displays I have seen...if the photos miraculously appear I will post them. On a different note I have a new toy to play with...a Sizzix sidekick. It turned up this morning as a freebie offer with a magazine subscription. I have always wondered about getting a die cutter but was put off by the limited use and the expense of the dies. Still not sure that I will be converted but it was fun to have a bit of a play. The die that it came with was a flower so I made the ATC shown above with it. I am not entirely satisfied with this ATC, but it was a brief experiment really. I also made another ATC today with the same background paper...during my grand tidy yesterday I discovered some rolls of wallpaper borders and some of these are brilliant for backgrounds to ATCs. I then stamped the images on this and for depth gave the teddy a balloon. I am currently reading a book on stamping an really want to get into this, as if you have the right equipment it can be so versatile and give really excellent results. Watch this space as I begin to experiment with it.

No comments: