Friday 10 August 2007

Packing again!

Rather unexpectedly we have decided that Alex and I will do another little trip away by ourselves this weekend. Just over one night this time and to London. This will be to celebrate my brother's 30th Birthday party and I am very excited about it. Sadly Tim still isn't well enough to join us. We head off tomorrow and will be back on Sunday so today saw me again trying to work out what I need to pack for Alex and myself. We also went for another short family walk and played with Alex...he is hillarious at the moment, gurgling away and making loads of lovely happy noises including a number of very squelchy ones!
I also managed to do a little bit of crafting today in the form of my first oriental ATC. The writing is Chinese for 'Summer' and the fan is raised from the rest of the card on foam pads. I am quite pleased with the overall effect of this one.
Isn't it lovely when you receive nice things through the post? I got two wonderful ATCs today. The first one is from Sue Sergison entitled 'Life is Beautiful' and uses stamping, watercolour pencils and perfect pearl effects. I love the warm summery feel of this card.
The second ATC is from Angela Clerehugh and is an encaustic landscape. This is not a technique that I have ever tried but it creates the most wonderful effects and I am really thrilled with this card. More when I get back from London,

Love,
Caro
x

1 comment:

Momiji said...

lovely oriental atc ! we must do a swap..and of course a beautiful photo of Alex...he's growing fast!