Thursday 8 November 2007

ATC thanks

I have received so many wonderful ATCs over the past few days that I thought I would put up a separate thank you thread. The first three are the next letters from the Alphabet swap that we are doing on the CM&PC forum. I just love the way there are so many different styles in this swap. J is for Jug is a cross stitch panel done by Angela Clerehugh, the organiser of the swap, and I admire the time and patience she has put into doing this...I have done very little cross stitch myself...I get in a muddle with threads! K is for Kites is by Ann (sorry, I don't know the surname) and I love the fun feel to this ATC, especially the choice of shimmery greens and silvers. L is for Lemur is by Michaela Wade (aged 8) and is great fun, with the lemur print being on fabric and well decorate and mounted with gold corners.
This next ATC is a luxuriant feeling Kimono from Angela Clerehugh and I love the true Oriental feel to this ATC and the silver, black and blue theme works really well to tie everything together.
These next two are both from Sharon Snowdon. The first one is black Oriental style stamping onto caught in crystal background with pink and blue as the colours and holographic glitter and finished off with a Chinese coin. This is simply beautiful and I wish that my Caught in crystal work turned out as well as this! The second is a complete contrast and is of a Wild flower stamp mounted over tissue paper stamped with yellow flowers and glitter, layered over the top of white card stamped with black post marks. This again is lovely and has given me some ideas for my own work.
You can probably spot a theme coming through with these two from Gail Seamark, as they are both Oriental with a Japanese temple and a Kimono both made from peel offs, layered over oriental backing paper. The Kimono has been coloured in with what I think is twinkling H2Os. These are both simple and very effective.
Last but not least is this Oriental Lady by Kerry Knowles, a gold peel off over black shiny and subtly patterned card, cut out and decoupaged on top of an Oriental background paper, with gold edging. Wonderful.

As you can imagine I am thrilled with all these ATCs and want to say a huge thank you to everyone. More soon
Love,
Caro
x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! What an inspiring collection.

xxxxxxxxxx