Tuesday 4 December 2007

Feeling rotten

Sunday got worse as I came down with the flue! By the time I went to bed I had a temperature, the shakes, extremely achy legs, couldn't get warm despite the house being boiling, golf ball in the throat etc. Needless to say the despite the huge amounts of work I have at the moment I didn't go in yesterday or today. Yesterday I still felt revolting and hoped for some extra sleep and a little TLC from Tim, sadly that didn't really happen. He took the opportunity of me being at home to go into town by himself leaving Alex with me. Fortunately Alex was a complete star and while I curled up on the sofa with a good book he played happily on the sitting room floor with the occasional cuddle time with me. We had some lovely giggles and lovings (a very sloppy wet kiss, probably more by accident than design, but extremely nice nonetheless), which made up for everything. Sadly Tim got a parking ticket in town which left him in a really bad mood for the rest of the day, so the TLC I had hoped for was somewhat lacking.
Today I have felt a little better, although my legs and head are still achy and I am still slightly fluey. To make up for yesterday Tim took me to Jencels, the bead shop in Sheffield where I finally managed to get the beads for a necklace I have been commisioned to make. My first commission which is exciting! I just had to share this photo of Alex with you...when I went in to check on him last night I found him asleep having buried himself in his toys! So cute!
One advantage of being off work is that I have managed to do a little more crafting, not a great deal because of feeling so rotten, but I did manage to make a further two bookmarks for Christmas presents...the greeny one is for my Great Aunt, and the purply one is for my Gran. I hope that they like them. I am much happier with these than the previous one. They were made using the same technique as before. I will probably be back to work tomorrow so more soon.
Love,
Caro
x

No comments: