Friday 15 February 2008

How lucky am I!

My lovely card from Tim, unfortunately the colours are a little bleached in this photo
Just some of the wonderful scrapbooking papers he bought me
Again, just some of my Valentines Day presents.

I have had these past two days off work and have been spoilt rotten. Tim is really very romantic and loves treating me, so for Valentines Day I got a card handmade by him...he even got to grips with my crop-a-dile when making it! I also got loads of crafting goodies, including a 12x12 hot off the press 'finished in a flash' page kit, some blue brads, little feet brads, ribbons, stickers and about 20 12x12 papers and cardstock. Cool present or what! I was also given the more traditional flowers and chocolates and taken out for a lovely meal in our favourite Chinese Restaurant. We went at lunchtime, and took Alex with us and he was complete star, behaving himself beautifully.
We have also dedicated time over the past few days to tidying...a number of you have said that you don't know how I manage to do everything...well the answer is, by not keeping up with the housework! The house was in such a state that it couldn't go on like it any longer, so today was spent cleaning from top to bottom...it is so much better now it looks like a different place altogether. I have to confess that I started the tidying with re-organising my craft area to fit all my new stash in.I have enjoyed the freedom of not being at work and have managed to make a further two layouts. This first one is of Alex playing in his ring in the garden last August made using my new Hot Off The Press kit, supplemented with some letter stickers bought at the local Post Office, and a dragonfly stamp from HeroArts. The journalling reads 'Alex enjoying the fresh air and sun while Mummy did the weeding'.
The second layout is much subtler and is of photos taken this Christmas at my parents house. Dad resolutely tried to sleep while his two grandsons bounced on the bed next to him. I added some doodling in the top right to balance with the swirls already on the patterned paper in the bottom left. The title of this one is 'Morning' and the journalling reads 'Alex and Daniel bounced and played on Grandma at 7 in the morning while Grandpa did his best to stay asleep'. The papers used were again part of my Valentines present, as was the rikrak. Let me know what you think of these.
More soon,
Love,
Caro
x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card from Tim! How lovely to have a 'made especially for you' one.

Wow, he shops good - love that new stash.

Great pages - your layouts are really coming along a pace. The bright one is perfect and picks up all the lovely colours in the photos and the other one has a lovely soft feel which suits the sleepy topic.

xxxxxxxxx

lindschick said...

That was great of Tim to make you a card, and what a great pressie.

I love both the Lo's the bright one is gorgeous. Also Alex is looking such a big boy.