Sunday 18 May 2008

Alex is walking!

Well it is more a semi-controlled lurch with steps in it, but you get the idea. He took his first unaided steps across the corner of a room yesterday evening before bedtime, three steps in all and looked so surprised and pleased with himself that it was priceless! He then repeated the act by walking from me to the bookcase (two steps) just before his bedtime yesterday. I was so ridiculously proud of him and amazed and happy, especially that I was there to see it. Apart from that bit of major news yesterday was fairly uneventful except for the fact that I spent most of the day doing housework and some crafting (see later).
Today was a wonderful day...we went for a family walk this morning along the river, tried to feed the ducks who were lazily still asleep and not interested, and took Alex to a different park. He had a great time on the swings with Tim pushing him, and enjoyed going down the slide, but this park isn’t as baby friendly as our usual one so we didn’t stay long. Alex and I made up for that though by having a lovely long time in our usual park this afternoon which we both enjoyed. Alex didn’t want to come home although food on the way back helped resign him to the idea, and not long after we arrived home he was walking, again about 3 steps at a time. It is a great start and I look forward to the added chaos of having a toddler in the house!
This weekend has been a major craft fest as well as a major cleaning fest. I have made two cards, two ATCs and loads of inchies! This card was for a boy who turns 10 this week and loves cats and dogs. The animal stamps were freebies from one of my magazines and the patterned card was a gift from Kerry Knowles. I don’t usually leave as much blank space on my cards as this but it seemed to work.
This baby card is for Tim’s cousin and was quite a simple card to make using various boy bits and pieces I had for Alex’s scrapbook...I can’t decide whether I like this one, but don’t have time to make another so it will have to do, I hope they like it.
This first ATC is for the Papercraft Inspirations swap which needs three ATCs in total. The peel off in the centre is mounted onto alcohol ink background, and then the ATC itself is brayered and stamped with Tanda Stamps. It is very similar to ones I have made previously.
This second ATC is also for the swap and has used the resist ink technique with Adirondack ink. The pagoda has been stuck to an alcohol ink background, then cut out and mounted onto the ATC.
Since making the black and white inchies for the CM&PC swap I have been thinking about making other inchies and this weekend went totally inchie mad! These inchies are all up for swaps with anyone who is interested. This first set of seven very simply used abstract patterned card and a fun animal sticker and are called ‘funky animals’.
This next set used a background of alcohol inks (wild plum, butterscotch and gold) and then either peel offs or an oriental stamp and are an Oriental set.
This next set are the Medieval Fantasy set using some stickers I got from the post office and plain card coloured with Whispers pens.
This set of 5 flower inchies used a freebie stamp I got about 2 years ago and were embellished with glitter gel pens and sparkly stickers.
Finally this autumnal set uses Hero Arts mini stamps (leaves and butterflies) Kaleidacolor inks (creole spice) and Tanda Stamps. The background card is textured Bazzil card and so the images are not complete, which in a way adds to the feel of these inchies. I would love to know what you think of these as I haven’t made many before. More soon,
Love,
Caro
x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Alex - he'll be galloping around like a maniac before you know it.

Lovely photos as always.

WOW what a lot of crafting stuff you've made too - don't know how you've managed to fit it all in.

Liking the alcohol ink stuff especially and the autumn leaves stamped ones.

xxxxxxxxx

Momiji said...

lovely photos! wow you have done loads of crafting!
I love the pagoda ...and the inchies I have only made a few of so far..must do some more..