Friday 24 October 2008

Busy but happy

Work remains completely manic, but at least I am enjoying myself. Yesterday was mostly spent running an experiment whereas today I had almost back-to-back meetings including giving a seminar at lunchtime. The seminar went well and proved a good practice as I will be giving the same one in Birmingham in February. Alex is on great form at the moment and we have had much fun and laughter in the evenings with lots of giggles, running round playing chase etc.
I have continued with the Christmas cards, this time taking a break from the cuttlebug embossed images (I am finally running out of those) and using some CraftyIndividual images and background papers. This first one uses those plus a StampsAway stamp and some Holly peel-offs.
The next one has used three of my inchies with the CraftyIndividuals background paper and various peel-offs.
Finally I decided to make my Gran's birthday card and use the pyramid card design shown by Joanne on her blog. For this I used a cuttlebug embossed image, coloured with chalks and then added some flowers, brads and a peel-off sentiment. I would love to know what you think as this is the first time I have made something of this design (please excuse the very messy desk in the background!). Joanne also has some nice blog candy available...check it out! Have a nice weekend everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card for your gran. I have some pastel colours and I haven't used them on the CB embossing but I think I may give them a try as they are nice strong colours.

So pleased things are good for you atm.

xxxxxxxx