Friday 17 April 2009

Finally feeling a bit better

I am finally feeling better after two days of feeling totally rough. Yesterday I was still off work and slept most of the morning, although not well. In the afternoon I felt a little better, but was still unable to concentrate much, although I did manage a little crafting with frequent breaks. Today I went back to work and dealt with all the different students and then attempted to make progress on the review article I am writing, which was slow going, but at least I made progress. I have to say it is turning into a bit of a beast and may need severe slashing after the first draft, but we will see how it goes. In the meantime Alex has definitely decided that he is a typical two year old…we are having screaming fits (dare I say tantrums) over the strangest things! Today we had the screaming abdabs about whether or not a light was switched on. It is hard to say no to a child who is screaming the place down, but we don’t want him to get the wrong message, i.e. that screaming means that he gets what he wants so at times we have to ignore the yells and stick to our guns. That said, most of the time he is a happy fun little boy to be around. His new word for today was ‘mixic’ which means music so we have had music on and been dancing round to it this evening. Crafting wise I have managed to make two scrapbook layouts. This first one is entitled ‘Laughing on Daddy’s head’ and uses Basic Grey, Sandylion and Bazzil papers and cardstock, the Purple Onion Fluorish stamp, stickers from and letters cut out using the Cuttlekids Tadpole Alphabet. The journaling reads 'Alex thinks being on his Daddy's head is the funniest thing in the world!'. I was a bit concerned that the photos weren’t very big and would look a bit silly on the large cardstock, but I think it works OK. The second layout is based on one from Stuck?! and uses a mixture of Bazzil, K&Co, Making Memories, and American Designs papers and cardstock, the leaves were embossed using my Cuttlebug and cut out with a craft knife, the flowers were Angel kiss and a free one from a magazine, the title was cut using the Sizzixs Alphabet Mango Tango and I distressed the edge of the page using a green ink pad. Sadly the photo doesn't do this one justice as the colours are a bit more vibrant than this. As usual I would love to know what you think. Have a great weekend everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

1 comment:

LazyKay said...

Hope you're even better today Caro.

Yes, ignoring a child's pitch IS hard but you will reap rewards in the end (they do give up when they realise it just doesn't work) and you'll save yourself many hours of stress down the road.

These are both beautiful pages, both different moods but lovely.

xxxxxxxx