Sunday 5 July 2009

Why?

Why does it always happen that when you are incredibly busy something always goes wrong to make things worse? On Friday I succeeded in knocking over a bottle of diet coke on top of my lap top. Needless to say the lap-top switched off instantly and I spent the next hour with tissue paper trying to get every bit of liquid out of it. Tim then took the keyboard off for me and cleaned up underneath it and we then had to wait for 48 hours for it to dry out fully and it spent the weekend sat in bits on my desk. Total nightmare. Fortunately when we put it back together again it worked, but the keyboard does not and so it will have to go away for repair (again!). At least I managed to rescue all my data, but it was so frustrating. Mental note to self -do not have a drink anywhere near the computer - EVER!
This weekend has been lovely despite that as the weather was gorgeous (with the occasional shower) and we have a new routine which means that Tim looks after Alex for an hour each day giving me that time to craft...bliss! What was even better was that we all went out to the local school fete yesterday where Alex had a wonderful time on some of the rides, especially liking the cars and Thomas the train. Tim left us there to go and get some sleep and we stayed on, enjoying the brass band and the bouncy castle before going on to the park to let Alex have a proper run around. I have to say that while Tim was there he spoilt me rotten as the local craft shop had a stall at the fete and he bought me a load of crafting goodies!
We have loved being in our garden this weekend as well...Alex getting thoroughly soaked and sandy and me actually doing a little gardening. Much more is needed but most of the flower beds look much better. We went back to the park again today and met up with some friends which was lovely. Crafting wise since Wednesday I have made some trading cards all using the Heritage papers and images from Hot off the Press and embellished with various stamps in the background and Doily lace punched borders.
I also made another lables shaped card to send to Gran who is now back in Yeovil hospital which is wonderful news. All being well she will improve significantly from now on. I will find out more tomorrow and let you all know. This scrapbook layout is entitled 'The Stocking Tradition' and is of photos taken on Christmas day! The journalling reads 'My brother and I always opened our stockings in Mum and Dad's bed so it was lovely to see both our boys carrying on the family tradition watched by the rest of the family. Christmas Day 2008'.
The next layout is entitled 'Sand + water = Joy' and the journalling reads 'Alex loves his sand and water table and usually ends up in a very happy MESS!'. The stamps I used are from Inkadinkado.
The final layout is entitled 'That Smile' and is loosely based on a sketch from Becky Fleck. The journalling reads 'Alex is so happy pushing his big car across the patio: I just love that cheeky happy smile. Oct 2008'. I apologise for the quality of the photos...suffering from lack of desk space at the moment with computer parts all over it. Hopefully normal service will be resumed shortly. In the meantime, have a great week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

2 comments:

Dark Fairy said...

O Caro, I feel for you my Hubby had a freak accident and spilled a litre of white spirit over his, mad panic ensued, but luckily his laptop survived. I love those atcs you have made, I miss swapping with you all, but I am just too busy at the mo, maybe I will sr=teal myself a day, and pop into the ccmp forum and do some swapping.

love n light

Chris

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a lovely day at the school fete,Alex really looks a happy boy.

Lillypad cmpc forum