Wednesday 21 April 2010

Back from the conference!

Well since I last updated I have been down to Exeter to the British Microcirculation Conference and come back again!  I left on Sunday lunchtime after spending the morning packing and with Alex in the park on Lydgate lane.  We had a lovely time with him scooting, playing ball, sliding, climbing, running and discovering the world of insects.  I just love this age as Alex explores the world around him...it is such an interesting time.  I was so sorry to leave him and Tim behind as I got on the train to Exeter.
The only good thing about the conference being so far away was that I was able to stay with my bridesmaid, Susie and her family.  I see her so rarely these days that it was wonderful being able to have a great catch up and to meet her 6 month old son, William. 
He is a real poppet who was full of smiles and was perfectly content for me to play with him and cuddle him! Although parts of the conference were altered as speakers were not able to fly into England due to the iceland volcanic ash, it was still very good and interesting so I was glad that I went. 
On the long train journey back I was fascinated by the brightly coloured houses in Bristol - so much so that I couldn't resist attempting to photograph them from the train. Not the best photo, but I think you will understand what I mean when I say that they were colourful! I am exhausted now though as I never sleep well when I am away from home so I am very pleased to be having a day off work today to catch up with some much needed housework and to craft!
This scrapbook layout follows this weeks unscripted sketch and the themes of bow, buttons & bling for SSDS, Fibres and ribbons for Practical Scrappers and something non-scrapbook for Scrap & Stamp (in my case this was the fibrous wool used along the top). The papers were from Fancy Pants, the star stamps were SeeDs and I doodled the edging. The title is 'Scooter Dude' and the journalling reads 'Alex got the hang of his scooter on 11th Oct 2009 when he spent 30 minutes whizzing round the park enjoying the fact that he had finally got it!'
The next page followed this weeks Sketchy Thursday sketch, and the themes of 'A day out' for SCSC and 'animals' for Stamp with fun.  The papers are from DoodleBug and Fancy Pants, while the stickers and ribbon are from Papermania. The page is entitled 'White post farm' and the journalling reads 'We all enjoyed a wonderful sunny day at the farm. Alex especially loved the ice cream, playing on the tractor and throwing grain to the ducks and geese while I enjoyed feeding the goats and llamas. 10th Sep '09'.  
Finally I made this really quick (less than 10 minutes) and easy card using the free Kate Knight papers from this months CM&PC magazine.  The butterfly was cut and embossed using my cuttlebug on both a pink piece of card and a piece of vellum.  I highlighted the vellum with my sakura stardust pen to add sparkle although it doesn't really show up in this photo.  The card fits with: DCM - 'flap' (the wings are not stuck down); OCC - 'beautiful butterfly'; Kaboodle Doodle - 'embossing'; Simon Says - 'things with wings'; Magical Crafts - 'something for the girls'; Creative Card Crew & A spoon full of sugar - 'Happy Birthday'.  Not bad for a quick and simple card!!   I would love to know what you all think.  Have a great rest of the week.
Love,
Caro
x

18 comments:

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Fantastic use of fibers, thank you for playing with Practical Scrappers this week.
Hugs
Tanya

Unknown said...

Hi Caro

Wonderful LO's and gorgeous card, very pretty.

Thanks for playing along with us at Magical Crafts.

Hugs

Joanne xx

Faye said...

It is a stunning card, I love the colours. Thanks for playing at Kaboodles. x

Jill said...

Absolutely gorgeous card. Only live 40 miles from Exeter and going to a crop there on Saturday! Thanks for joining in Kaboodledoodles this week. Jill

Kathy said...

Your LOs look great, Caro.
Lovely card too - great to see you joining in with The Daring Cardmakers again this week

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Great layouts and card Caro! You had a cutie-patootie subject to work with huh! :) Thanks for playing with us at SSDS this week.

Dena said...

Your card is so pretty! I can't believe it only took 10 minutes!!!
Thanks for joining Simon Says this week!
Hugs, Dena

Caryl P said...

Great layouts! I love the one you made with the Unscripted sketch, such bright colors and fun and funky ribbon. Thanks so much for being Unscripted again this week!

Sherri said...

Lovely work....thanks for playing at Practical Scrappers.

Amy said...

Great work on your layouts and card!! Thanks for playing along with Practical Scrappers.

dstandard said...

Awesome layout and beautiful card! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

Linda said...

Sweet pictures and wonderful work. Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week.

Lesley said...

Great LOs and pretty card! Thanks for taking part in the Magical Crafts challenge xx

Deanne said...

love the colourful houses, hope you and little man feel better x

Dalis said...

Caro,
Congratulations, you were our lucky winner last week @ Pile It On! Challenge. Please contact us using the email information in our blog.

-- dalis
PIO Owner

The Crafty Den said...

Such a cute layout. Thanks for sharing with us at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

Lilacanglia said...

All gorgeous pieces of work,
love that butterfly,
Thank you for joining in with the embossing challenge over at Kaboodle Doodles this week,
Hugs
Angie

Amanda said...

A very pretty card Caro.

Thanks for joining us at Magical Crafts.

Amanda.