Wednesday 25 August 2010

Mid-week!

I must admit I like 4 day weeks...they go nice and fast and before you know it, you are over half way through.  Alex came home from nursery today covered in green paint (above his left eyebrow and in his hair!) and as happy as a sandboy having played with messy gloopy stuff - his phrase.  I have no idea what he meant, but he certainly sounds like he had fun.
As it is Wednesday it is time for WOYWW and mine is very neat at the moment with most things put away. This is partly to allow space to use my heat gun on the three shrink plastic shells that you can see stamped, coloured and cut out. The pencils I used to colour them, as well as the stamp, inkpad, scissors and acrylic block are all visible.  I really need to replace that broken Purple Ronnie mug with something less dangerous, but I can't bear to throw it away as it was a present from friends at University all those years ago!
This scrapbook layout follows the Creative Scrappers sketch for this week as well as fitting with the stamp something 'digital' and Bee crafty 'ribbons and digital image' challenges.  The digital image is the african drum.  This layout is entitled 'drum fun' and also fits with this weeks Scrap it with a song challenge.  I took the line 'just a bit of a break from the norm' as my inspiration, as my journalling reads 'It was a break from our normal trip to the park when we discovered an African drumming workshop being held. Alex loved being allowed to hit the drums and make as much noise as he wanted. Endcliffe Park 1st May 2010'. All papers on this page are from the Cosmo Cricket Cogsmo range.
This card fits with the elegant ladies challenge from Ooh La La, the 3-2-1 challenge from PTW (3 gems, 2 patterned papers, 1 stamped image), the card for a girl challenge from stamp with fun, and took inspiration from the Lady Gaga video (red dress, silver, big eyes and bling) for Crafty cardmakers. I would love to know what you think.  Have a great rest of the week.
Love,
Caro
x

33 comments:

Wendi said...

Fabulous card love that image and that dress is so pretty it reminded me I had some of these which I won ages ago
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la
Wendi

Annie said...

Green gloopy stuff sounds like my sort of play :-)Enjoy every minute.
A x

Sue said...

Hi Caro
nothing wrong with a bit of green paint above ya eye! lol, shells look fab,lovely layout,have great day, happy WOYWW, sue.x

Helen said...

Fab layouts, and what a clear desk! Messy gloopy stuff sounds like fun to me!!

Christy said...

What a great layout and fabulous take on the making music theme of the song :)

Thanks for playing with us at Scrap It With a Song

Sheila said...

Nice neat desk. Great layouts too!

JoZart Designs said...

Love the pics and story of Alex and great card. Re the Purple Ronnie Mugg...... stick a big blob of White Tack on the sticky out bits of broken handle and shove purple feathers into them. It will be a crowd stopper and solve the dangerous ends.
joZarty x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous layout! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!
Hugs, Andrea

Sew This N That said...

Beautiful card and LO Caro!
Alex sure is growing up fast :)
*hugs* Heather x

Nancy said...

Great tidy desk and I love the little shrinked shells

xx

Minxy said...

Oh shrink plastic.. i keep meaning to have a play with some but it always goes from my mind b4 i do lol

I see your parents are from my neck of the woods, i'm in good old zummerzet too.. as for the mini draws on my desk you will be delighted to know {thats if you have one near by} that they are from POUNDLAND.. you get 3 draws for your pound.. as you can see i got a few quid worth lol.. but a total bargain!

Anonymous said...

Great card, I really love the little dress. Hmmm, I've not used green gloopy stuff but it sounds like fun. xx

Joey said...

Hiya

Lovely piccys I love it when they come home covered in allsorts of gloopy stuff lol, straight in the bath to get nice and clean lol. Lovely page.

Joey.x

Spyder said...

Lovely scrapbook layouts,love the image have a great woyww
(Lyn)

Andria said...

Aww gorgeous layouts, you make it look so easy. Iwouldn't know where to start.

nerllybird said...

I love the way you've used that stamp - mine is still attached to the mag but I feel inspired now!

Serendipity Stamping said...

Flirty, flirty eyes are gorgeous. I don't think there has ever been a little boy that didn't want to have a set of drums.

CarlaKH said...

Fabulous creations and I wish my desk was that neat! Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly!

cheryl said...

oh great layouts love your desk too hugs cheryl x

Carola Bartz said...

I love the scrapbook layout, it's beautiful.

Unknown said...

its all gorjuss hun, love that image as well, i got the one from the magazine but havent used it yet

great space, thanks for the snoop

hugs
judie xx

Bluefairy4U said...

Fabulous card and what a gorgeous boy you have, he's already getting the craft bug he he. Love to see your shrink plastic finished. Hugs JO.xxx

Cath Wilson said...

That's a great card for the Lady Gaga video challenge - beautifully done, with lots of bling.

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Daniele said...

fabby LO and card bet he fun getting messy at nursery
thanks for the peek
hugs

fionalawlor said...

Gorgeous card,love the red dress!
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.
Fiona x

Michelle said...

Fantastic card and layout! And such a cute son!
Hope you had a great WOYWW!
hugs
Michelle
xx

Hannah said...

Ooh, I like your twist on the song challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap It With a Song :-)

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Love your LO and the card and 'Green gloopy stuff' sounds good to me!!

xx

anazelia said...

lovely page. thanks for playing along with us again at scrap it with a song.

Kelly said...

Love your layout! That banner is gorgeous
Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap it with a song.

Kel x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Green, messy, gloppy. What more could you want? Sorry I'm late this week. I had a massive tutorial to post yesterday, which put me way behind in visiting. Happy belated WOYWW.

Lin said...

Gorgeous card, and a great take on the Bad Romance video challenge.

Thanks for joining in the fun at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lin xx

Jess said...

Fab fun projects! Thanks for joining us at Scrap It With a Song!