Wednesday 27 October 2010

A messy workdesk!

Well it is Wednesday and time for WOYWW again.  Mine is comparatively messy today as I have all my distress inks, craft sheet, sponges and numerous stamps out to attempt to make some altered tags for a swap I have joined in with one CM&PC forum.  I have never really altered tags before so this was a new adventure for me resulting in mixed success! As usual there is an almost finished mug of tea (I don't function without at least 8 mugs this size every day) and the trays at the back of my desk are chaotic with things shoved in them, but my excuse is I know where everything is...well I know where everything should be, although it isn't always where I think it is...you only have to listen to all the huffing and puffing that happens when I can't find something to know that my so called system doesn't always work! 
Here are the three finished tags for the swap - my favourite is probably the pink lady
This is a card I made for Gran's birthday and it fits with the 'punches' challenge from a spoonfull of sugar.  I also used a new embossing folder for the green stripe down the edge and promarkers to shade in the foxgloves.
This card is a simple stamped Christmas card coloured using distress inks and it fits with the Stamp, Scrap and doodle challenge of Christmas cards but no red or green.  That is all from me for today...I wont be updating as usual on Friday as I am off to my parents in Somerset...back to business as usual from Monday.  Have a great rest of the week and weekend.
Love,
Caro
x

23 comments:

Mandi said...

Messy but creative!

Super work space TFS

Happy WOYWW
mandi xx

Sandy said...

Oh wow wonderful creations from your little messy desk.
Great placwe for crafting.

Helen said...

I love the tags and cards, and your desk is not really messy at all!

Unknown said...

A great post this week ... lots to see!
This week I am number 72 :0)

Chrissie said...

Just look at all those distress inks, I must admit to being a trifle green!
Chrissie#9

Susanne said...

Fabulous - great tags (lady is my fave) and cards. S #84

akilli melek said...

really like your tags, but my fav is the foxglove card. caroline #14

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Love the tags, I like the flower one..


Hugs
Shirley Pumpkin #41

JoZart Designs said...

Hi Caro
I love Distress Inks and you have made great use of them on those gorgeous tags. Wonderful pics of Alex... it's such fun when they are little.
thanks for popping by my desk. Can't show DD1s card as she isn't 40 until Sunday.... but I will after then.
Hugs JoZarty x

Anonymous said...

lol, looks like everything id pushed back so far you can't close the curtains!! Love the tags, think my favourite is the middle one. Have a great weekend, I have family in Somerset too and love to visit that part of the world when I can.

Hugs
Brenda 89

Just A Pac Rat said...

Oh I love being messy, it is part of the fun! Great Job!

Thanks for joining the fun at Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturdays!

www.circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

Linby said...

ooh love those tags, especially the lady one.
Linbyx

Linda said...

Wow I love your Christmas card.Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week. Don't worry about your desk. They all end up like that one time or another.
Linda
http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

Sunshine Girl said...

Lovely creative space there and I love the tags and card. Thanks for sharing (no. 26)

Neet said...

Lovely tags and cards on your blog. The desk looks messy but I guess it isn't really and you can quickly tidy up. Thanks for sharing. #46

Jules said...

I love your tags! I really need to do some more practising with my distress inks :D #65

Sarah said...

Looking busy and like fun. Great work today - lots going on - love the flower tag too!
sasa 28

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

I love all of your tags.


A.xx(80)

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Caro what a lovely looking desk and some beautiful artwork you have produced. Thanks for sharing your workspace. Best wishes, Kym xxx (WOYWW No 24)

Julia Dunnit said...

Really there's nothing better than gazing on a desk that's fully employed - and covered in yummy inks! I really like the tags. Hope you have a happy weekend!

Elizabeth said...

Your tags are all gorgeous - couldn't choose between them - and your cards are lovely. Your desk looks as though there is plenty going on. Elizabeth #51

karen said...

Great desk! Love to see a project in progress! All your tags and cards are beautiful! Well done you :)
I am a big tea drinker too, so there is usually a mug on my desk somewhere!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Thanks so much for the sweet words you left on my blog. I'm still moving slowly, but trying to start visiting people who visited me. I was totally impressed by all the tags. Some very lucky swappers will be happy. And your card was great, too. Happy very belated WOYWW (# 15).