Saturday 12 February 2011

Sun!

Firstly, an apology for not posting last night, things got a little on top of me and I didn't manage it.  However, here I am today and better late than never (I hope!). We were all very tired at the end of the week, and Alex was fast asleep when we went in to get him this morning, and then had a long nap this lunch time.
 Despite the tiredness he has been great fun and when asked yesterday whether he can colour between lines he answered 'I surely can, but it is difficult as I get distracted!', which had me in hysterics...not exactly a phrasing you expect from a 3 year old!. Today we enjoyed the sun and went out to Endcliffe Park where Alex spent time on his scooter, the bouncy slide & castle and then in the playground.
I have also been busy crafting, making things for Tim's valentines presents (I wont show them here until Monday in case he peeps!). I also made this scrapbook layout of our trip on a Speedboat in Scarborough.  The layout follows this weeks Pencil Lines sketch and fits with the 'water' theme from crafty cardmakers (I used watered down ink to add to the splatters on the Fancy Pants paper) and the buttons theme from Flourishes Timeless Tuesday.
I have also made a couple of tags for Tim's valentines presents...these used a lovely Anita's stamp over a distressed ink background, then Crafty individuals birds cut out and coloured with promarkers.  These fit with the theme of 'gift tags' from Meljens, 'anything but a card' from Simon Says Stamp, and Valentines/for your Valentine for Stamp something and Sew many challenges.   That is all from me for now, I will be back again on Monday with the projects I have made for Tim.  Have a lovely rest of the weekend.
Love,
Caro

5 comments:

Fauve Design said...

Thank you for playing along with Pencil Lines using my sketch!

Chris (catt871) said...

What a gorgeous scrapbook page: Looks fun!!! And your tags are GREAT!!! Nice job!! THANKS for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week!!!
Chris

Sprytebyrd said...

Cute tags! Love the bird images!
Thanks so much for playing along at Meljen's Designs this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Tammy Hershberger said...

Great page, and use of buttons! Thanks for joining us for Timeless Tuesday!

Cheryl said...

I love your gorgeous, elegant tags!

Thank you for joining our Gift Tags challenge at Meljen’s Designs.

--Cheryl--