Wednesday 30 March 2011

Tired!

Well it is Wednesday and I still haven’t recovered from the clocks going forward. It wasn’t helped by having to get up early on Sunday and then being out late last night at a Gilbert and Sullivan show (Gondoliers – the greatest of fun!). All that said, it is time to show you my desk as part of WOYWW. My desk is looking relatively neat with only the things I am currently using out and about. A pile of peel offs, stickers and rub-ons are sat on my craft mat, and you can see my craft knife and scissors which I used to cut out the little cup, and the card I am working on with the embossing folder I intend to use on it. Most importantly in this picture the sun is shining in through the window and there is a lovely hot mug of tea (nearly finished) that I am enjoying.
Not only is my desk tidy, but my craft shelves are looking pretty good at the moment.
However, Tim says I am cheating by only showing you my desk and shelves and that I ought to show you the rest of the room. And he is right! This room is a complete tip with my little crafting corner the only neat part of it! I daren't show you Tim's half of the room, but I can show you the rest. The book shelves are a mess and need sorting and there is a pile of assorted rubbish/essential items/things that one of us wants to throw away but the other one wont etc in front of them.   I have to say that the majority of this is NOT stash (sadly - I wish it was), but it is our joint book collection and other assorted junk!  The stash is the only organised and tidy part of the room!
I have to step over the mess on the floor, including an old Phase8 bag, old jiffy bag and some wrapping paper to get to my desk...yes, the tidy up of this room is long overdue and is on the agenda, but will have to be done on a day when Alex is at nursery and I am at home. Those days don’t happen very often, but I promise to show a before and after photo when I finally manage it!
Anyway, enough about the mess...here is the finished birthday card (made for my mother-in-law who loves tea and cupcakes) which followed the sketch on less is more. This card also fits with the embossing challenge from Rubber Cafe, pastels and ribbon from Delightful challenges and for a special lady from All sorts.
I couldn’t resist having another go at the Less is More sketch for a Mother’s Day card for my Mum. This used a rose rub-on which had been in the back of my sticker drawer for at least 2 years...I remembered why when I came to use it...it was a complete nightmare to get it to stick to the paper, although I got there in the end! This card also fits with the ‘flowers for Mum’ challenge from CCC, ‘Mum’s the word’ challenge from MTTC, ‘Mother’s Day’ from Stampin for the weekend, ‘florals’ from Tuesday Throwdown, and I took inspiration from the beautiful rose in the photograph on Stamp, Scrap and Doodles challenge blog. That is all from me for now. Have a great rest of the week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

32 comments:

Caroline Hallett said...

Ha Ha Ha... wonderful - your room looks like my room right now - overflowing with crafty lovliness and insipration bursting from every corner - thanks for sharing - happy WOYWW

Chrissie said...

Two pretty cards Caro, of the two I prefer the first... could be that I just fancy a cuppa!
Thanks for your submission!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

nnalorac said...

Lovely Less is More cards Caro. You have some amount of stash, where do you begin! Thanks for sharing. Carolxx

JoZart Designs said...

Well I have just got over the shock as I thought you'd sneaked in and taken a pic of the other side of my room!! LOL! I love it and it's good to own up... you'll now feel that you've just got to make a difference and clear it all up now. Can't wait to see the transformation.
Great cards and I especially love the tea and cupcake card. Fab idea,
Love JoZarty x

Helen said...

Now that is MY kind of room! what a huge amount of stash to rummage through. Life me, I bet you know where everything is (ahem!)

Susie Sugar said...

Two beautiful cards darling
Wow your stash looks like mine !! ha ha
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week with such a lovely and elegant card ! Love the ric rac ! good luck !

tt.scraps said...

Very nice card! I know what you mean about still trying to catch up and my scrapbook room is bursting too! :)
Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week!!
Tammy, SSDS DT

Sharon said...

Great cards but I especially like the teacup one - so cute!

Karen said...

Love the cards they are gorgeous. loving your craft space and all your stash.
Have a great WOYWW,
Karen #79

Suze Bain said...

Ha, I was just about to praise your tidiness when I scrolled down, Lol. Two lovely cards Caro but the teacup one is fabaroonie! x

choupynette said...

both cards are great, but my favourite is clearly the first. Terrific card!

Jenny said...

Beautiful cards. I love the tea and cakes one...in fact I fancy a cuppa now X

Cauliflower Cupcake said...

How deceiving - I thought you were quiteorganised until I saw the rest of the room. I need to come over and play (ermmmm. help you sort it)
Lovely cards - I just love the tea cup one - very elegant!
Happy WOYWW
Rebecca (41)

Susan said...

Caro....your cards are beautiful!! I love the dotted embossing.

massofhair said...

Two great cards but i too prefer the first card, haven't used my tea stamp yet but i like the way you have combined it with cupcakes, perfect:-)

Spyder said...

oh wowo caro, your crafty room is messier than mine!!!! (Love it!)
Happy WOYWW!!
((Lyn)) #51!

Mandi said...

Goodness your room!
Hope you get it straight soon
Lovely cards, prefer the first
Thanks for entering
mandi
"Less is More!

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Caro

I just love the cup and cupcakes card - totally gorgeous and my you do have a "busy" craft room!

Tina
X

Katalytic said...

And I thought I had a lot of stuff. Love your tea cup card

Pam said...

Your room looks like its bursting at the seams! hugs Pam x

Canonbury creations said...

Love the cards Caro but tea and cake do it for me!! Wow I can't believe the space you have for crafting! check out my space:)
http://canonburycreations.blogspot.com/2011/01/cr84fncolorchallenge.html

Pauline C said...

Two lovely cards but the first is exquisite - gorgeous paper pieced teacup and love the cupcake background.
paulien x

LuLu said...

Howdy,

Your space looks perfect for the creative muse to stike. But I do think some organizing is due!!! It takes time, but when you're done, you'll have a great feeling of accomplishment....I've been there, done that.

Thanks for sharing and Happy WOYWW!

Peace,
LuLu
www.lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com

Marjo said...

OMGosh, can I waddle thru your stash too....ahh love it. Thanks for the peek and sharing. Have a great WOYWW

Hugs Marjo #22 oops thats 23

okienurse said...

Very nice workdesk. Your space is like mine...over flowing with all sorts of goodness. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #83

Poppit said...

Sweet card! (meanwhile I'm being super distracted by your craft room!). Thanks for joining us for this week's Cupcake Challenge.

Aileen said...

Love the tea cup and cup cakes. Super cards. x

Debs said...

Two fabulous cards - love the tea and cupcake one.
Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Caro, what a gorgeous card. I love the rose sticker and the CAS layout. Definitely a card any mum would be delighted to receive. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Sande said...

Great cards both of them!

Thanks for joining us at SSDS! Hope to see you again.

Hugs, Sande

The Crafty Elf said...

Beautiful cards! There is always tomorrow to tidy, right? TFS