Sunday 25 September 2011

Very mixed weekend

Well both life and the weather have been very mixed this weekend.  Driving back from the shops with Alex yesterday the car engine cut out while we were on the main road and refused to start again.  The AA came and rescued us and said that it was a battery problem, but that wouldn't normally cause an engine to cut out while we were driving along. Fortunately we have been able to borrow a car from our garage to tide us over so we were able to get about.  Yesterday afternoon we met one of Alex's friends in the park which was good fun and made up for the difficulties.
Today we went down to visit my in laws in Kennilworth which was lovely. The boys went to the park where Alex was very happy on the swings and then they played reasonably well together after lunch.  Sadly when we got back home this evening my laptop refused to work...it is obviously booting up as the hard drive is working and the lights are on but I have no computer screen so can't see or do anything. I will have to take it into the guys at work tomorrow and ask them to look at it, although I suspect a new computer may be necessary.
Crafting wise I have made my DT entry for Quirky Crafts this week. The theme, which was chosen by Cazzy, was In the Jungle and we had to use jungle images on our creations. For this layout I followed the sketchy Thursdays sketch for this week.
I went with a scrapbook layout of Alex in my parents garden as he likes to pretend it is a jungle. I am also entering this into MTTC 'L is for lion', and PTW 'creature comforts' challenges.
I also managed to find a little time between the chaos to make a card for this weeks Less is More challenge which was a sketch.  This card also fits with Stampin for the weekend 'What a cutie' as I think this little elf is very cute, and All sorts 'keep it simple'challenge. My apologies about the quality of the photos...there is no photo software on Tim's computer so I can't crop them. That is all from me. Wish me luck with getting my computer fixed.
Love,
Caro
x

13 comments:

Chrissie said...

He certainly is a cutie Caro... cute card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Hello Caro sorry to read of your car and computer problems. Hope you can get them sorted without too much expense. Anne x

Carol said...

Cute Lim card Caro, love the image. Hope things get better this week. Carol x

Mandi said...

Fabulous card Caro
LOVE those scrapbook pages!

Thank you
Mandi LIM

Pat said...

Great layout, super pics. Thanks for sharing at MTTC.

Pat xx

scotspanda said...

gorgeous work! love the LO and the elf stamp image is fabulous

thanks for joining in with my "Keep it Simple" theme this week at Allsorts

hugs

Amanda xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Cuteeeeeee photos and loveeeeeee your lo and card!! Loving the lion and tiger! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Audrey Yeager said...

Your page is so adorable! Love the animals! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketchy Thursdays!

Anne said...

Adorable and so cute, fab card! Hope your car troubles are sorted out
Anne
x

Lesli said...

Awesome LO - I love the photos and use of textures!

fatmonica said...

Lovely card-I remember that stamp!

Jill said...

Creat card, lovely elf image!
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts for this weeks CAS challenge. Good luck and I hope to see you again!
Hugs, Jill

Kate's Makes said...

Very cute indeed! Fab! Thanks for joining in our SFTW challenge, good luck! Kate x