Sunday 6 May 2012

Bang goes the weekend!

We have had a great weekend! Yesterday we went into the centre of Sheffield where the BBC were holding a Bang Goes the Theory Road show. Alex is a bit too young for the main event, but he loved the interactive bits where he labelled a skeleton,
Blew bubbles onto dry ice and watched them freeze, had his hand hit really hard with a hammer (the rubber protected it),
Jumped a long way and proved that he has the loudest shout of any 5 year old that had been tested.  I have to say that I wasn’t really surprised to hear that, but I was amazed that his shout reached 120 decibels – the same level as a sandblaster and a very loud rock concert!!
Today we went over to my in-laws for a family get together where for once the weather was nice enough to be out in the garden, so there were games of football,
Tag and general fun!
It was my turn to set the challenge over at Quirky Crafts so I chose ‘Masculine with blue and brown’.  We are sponsored this week by paper pretties and so I chose ‘A Beary Good Book’ and made a book mark for Alex with it, as we have started reading longer stories including Roald Dahl, and Horrid Henry.
The sentiments on back and front were also from the same Paper Pretties set, and I used distress inks (tea dye, broken china, faded jeans & vintage photo) for the background, with inkadinkado swirl stamps.  I am also entering this into CCT ‘One for the boys’, and Aud Sentiments ‘Anything goes’.
I also made a card for this weeks Less is More, the theme of which was ‘yellow’…sadly not my favourite colour and so I found this quite difficult.  In the end I settled on a Crafty Individuals stamp which I used three times and coloured yellow with promarkers.  I then stamped the Penny Black ‘Happy Birthday’ sentiment.  I am also entering this card into Penny’s Challenge ‘Happy Birthday’, Simon SaysStamp ‘Happy Birthday’ and Speedy Fox ‘Three of something’ challenges. 
That is all from me for now everyone, enjoy your bank holiday!
Love,
Caro

11 comments:

Chrissie said...

It seems that whatever colour we choose there's always someone for whom it's not a favourite colour... but the joy is they they have a go anyway!
This is great.
Thanks so much Caro.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Pat said...

Yellow is a great color. Your flowers are a lovely color. :O) Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Marrigje said...

Seems like a great weekend.
Your LIM card is beautiful.

Marrigje

Tammylee said...

Great card love flowers! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Caro

Lucky you going to see Bang Goes the Theory. My 7 year old loves them.
Great tag and card. Thank you for playing along at Aud Sentiments.

Hugs Ali x

Mandy said...

Caro your card is beautiful, such a pretty image & a gorgeous tag too.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Unknown said...

Love the photos.......boy has he got some tonsils!!! Love the card - really good image for this challenge.

Designing with Debbie said...

Prefect CAS card with the flowers. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun and more chances to win with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

Kruemel said...

What a cute boys' tag. Love that image!

Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week.

Hugs
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Cazzy said...

Alex looks so cute in his new glasses. I love your bookmark too Caro.

Cazzy x

Mandi said...

Super sunflowers
We are blown away this week at the support when it;s not a favoured colour
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"