Wednesday 13 June 2012

Feeling the stress!

I know, I know!  I have only been back to work 2 days (today is the third) and I am already feeling stressed!  This is because I have so much to do (grant application, student thesis marking, manuscript submission etc etc) and not enough time to do it all over the next few weeks.  Anyway, enough about work...you are here to see my desk as part of WOYWW or my crafting and not to hear me whining on about work issues. Here is my desk as it was very late last night having just managed to finish my Father-in-law's Father's Day card. As you can see it is a complete tip with my phone hiding amidst the distress ink pads, scissors, steampunk stamps, PVA glue (yes that is a cotton bud in it - I find it the easiest way to spread the glue), a box of embellishments, craft mat, random pieces of card and the finished Father's Day card. My mug of tea is missing because it is ridiculously late at night and even I don't drink tea that late!
Here it is close up.  I used a Tim Holtz cog die, a digitial steampunk bird stamp (stitchy, I think) coloured with promarkers and gold pen, and Darkroom Door steam punk stamps for the edges.  I am entering this into Cards for Men 'Father's Day', SSSS 'Anything goes', Tuesday Throwdown 'critters' (I hope a steampunk bird counts!), and SCSC 'Happy Father's Day'.
This is the card I made for my Dad who is very British, and into the game of Bridge (hence the playing cards).  I am entering this card into CCC 'Red, white and blue', PTW '3, 2, 1'  (3 layers, 2 queens (or 2 stars) and 1 crown), Creative Card Crew 'Song inspired' (Rule Britania), and Fluorishes Timeless Tuesday 'Father's Day'.  That is all from me...I really must get on with some work.
Have a great week,
Love,
Caro
x

12 comments:

Sheilagh said...

Great cards, I am sure both dads will love them. I hope life gets less stressed very soon:o)

Sheilagh*99

Twiglet said...

Two great Father's Day cards. Thanks for the snoop. x Jo

NanaConnie said...

Love the way you did the bird, Caro! Wonderful card for a man. Thanks so much for playing along in our "Critter Crazy" challenge at Tuesday Throwdwon this week. Hope to see you again and again.
NanaConnie DT

downrightcrafty said...

What a gorgeous masculine card, just perfect for our Father's Day Challenge this week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, thank you for joining us
Hugs Kate xx

Candy C said...

Very cool Father's Day cards!!! Nice job with your designs and colors! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Julia Dunnit said...

Argh, I hate reading that you're stressed out by work...but I guess it's an occupational hazard that all these things need to be done at this time of year...remember..you'll still be living and breathing when it's done! I think it's amazing that you find any time to craft, let alone make two great cards like that.

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card love your image and your colour choice. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxx

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the Tim Holtz look to your card. I have met & taken classes with Tim Holtz and he is cool. Thank you for entering Tuesday Throwdown.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
Guest Designer Tuesday Throwdown

trisha too said...

Wonderful cards, Caro--and hang in there, you busy woman!

:)

Chris said...

Hi Caro, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

having a {me} day said...

What a perfect royal themed father's day card for this year! Thanks for joining us at Cupceke. keeley

Mona Pendleton said...

Lovely Father's Day cards! Thanks for joining along with FTTC :)