Sunday 12 August 2012

Back home!

Apologies for not updating my blog in so long, but I have been away on holiday, and then had a ton of things to catch up on (including the Olympics!).  I am finally getting under control so have had time to actually write a blog post! 
Our week at the beach was a great success...lots of sun, sea, sand and fun!
I promise more photos on Wednesday when I will have more time to update.
This weekend we went to catch up with my in-laws and had great fun with a junior Olympic games in the garden (long jump, high jump, wrestling and javelin) - Tom was the winner in both jumps despite having the shortest legs!
Crafting wise it is time for a new Quirky Crafts challenge.  This time it is Diane who has set the challenge of 'schools out for summer' - she basically wanted images of kids doing fun things on your creation.  Now, I know that reading is considered work, but as a child (and also as an adult) I was a bookworm and for me reading was fun.  Alex isn't quite there yet, but he does enjoy looking through books...I came in one evening to find him reading to himself, but upside down in bed!  I couldn't resist scrapbooking this photo...the digi image in the corner is from our sponsor this week 'Robyn's Fetish'.  To make this layout I followed this weeks Nuts About Sketches sketch, and it also fits with PTW 'anything goes',  and Crafty Creations 'Olympic colours' (there are yellow, green, blue, red and black all featured on this layout'.
Finally I made a card for this weeks Less is More challenge which is a one layer card featuring fur or feathers.  In my case it is the fur on the giraffe. I put two stamps together to create this little scene which was stamped and coloured through a mask.  The giraffe was from Stamps Away and the tree from Lavinia stamps.  I am also entering this into DYSU 'four legged friends'.  That is all from me for now.  I will back as usual on Wednesday.  Have a great week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

7 comments:

Chrissie said...

Great stamping Caro!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lucille K said...

Wow,such nice colors and a giraffe, perfect fur animal :)

Jean said...

Love everything about your card ~ great design, sponging and stamp choices!

Jan Garber said...

Great card! So hard to make the one layer ones! Thanks for joining us on DYSU!

Ren-Yi said...

Hiya Caro - sweet card! lovely Giraffe and lovely scene. Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU.

Mary Jo said...

Beautiful masking on this terrific one layer card! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

Mandi said...

Lovely scene Caro
Super pics

Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"