Sunday 3 March 2013

Messy crafting!

I have been having fun playing with my new Gelli plate this week as this weekends Quirky Crafts Challenge is 'A quirky mess'.  The idea is that you make your own backgrounds using inks, paints, pens etc, and you do not use any DP.  We have three great sponsors this week so do pop by and check out the challenge site. My first make is a wall hanging for Alex  and uses 'the cat in the hat' from Bugaboo. I made the background with yellow, red and blue splodges of paint onto a gelli plate, then brayered them and made patterns using a comb, bubble wrap and the end of a paint brush, before laying the paper on top. I finished it off with glimmer mist, then the promarker coloured cat image, some star brads, blue gems and mounted onto navy blue card.  I am entering this into Flourishes Timeless Tuesday 'Glitter and shine' (Glittery glimmer mist and the shining gems), Delightful challenges '3s a charm' (3 stars and 3 gems).

My second make is the cover of an art journal for Alex and uses the painting boy from Squgglefly. This is also on a gelli plate background this time with stripes of paint and then masking with hearts, leaves and writing. I finished it off with HeroArts and PaperArtsy stamps, and then the painting boy image coloured with promarkers. I am entering this into Penny's challenge 'use your favourite colour' (red is my favourite). That is all from me for now.  Have a great week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

 

6 comments:

Anne said...

Gorgeous wall hanging and book cover for Alex Caro. Hope you've had a lovely weekend. Anne x

Cazzy said...

I am so jealous now I have read this - you have a Gelli Plate! No wonder you got such good backgrounds! Did you buy it with this challenge in mind, or set the challenge because you knew you were getting one?

I love both projects!

Cazzy x

Allison Cope said...

Super cute projects Caro! Love the back ground paper you made. Thanks for playing along with our "All That Glitters" challenge this week at Flourishes!

Denise Marzec said...

Sweet! Thanks for joining us at the FTTC. :)

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a cute altered book project. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Delightful Challenges.
Denise

Melanie said...

Fantastic projects!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "use your favourite colour" challenge last week…
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well.

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)